The countdown to SXSW has begun! You’re going to need somewhere to keep your stuff, and hopefully get at least a few hours of sleep each night. Or day, if that’s your plan! Do you have hotel reservations? Here are some suggestions to get you thinking.
Austin has every kind of hotel you might want, from high luxury to boutique to corporate extended stay to a bed in a quaint B&B. If you’re coming during SXSW, you need to book early, as it looks like 2015 will be bigger than ever – predictions are that around 80,000 folks will be attending the festival, between music, film, and interactive.
- Every discussion about hotels in Austin, especially luxury hotels, begins with The Driskill. Situated conveniently just off 6th Street, The Driskill is an ideal location for nearly anything you want to do in Austin.
- The Four Seasons Austin, downtown on San Jacinto, is also central to all things Austin and especially SXSW. The hotel’s “backyard” sits right next to Lady Bird Lake and is a popular spot to watch the nightly bat migration from the Congress Ave bridge.
- Also on San Jacinto, Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a delight, with a heated rooftop pool, where you can gaze across the city while you soak and relax.
Perhaps a boutique hotel is more your style. Relax, Austin’s got your back!
- In the middle of one of the busiest blocks on South Congress, Hotel San Jose is both ideally located and a retreat from the bustle.
- Nearby is Hotel Saint Cecelia, created built and named in honor of the patron saint of music and poetry. A perfect stay in the Live Music Capital of the World.
- In East Austin, check out Heywood Hotel, just east of I-35. With just 7 guest rooms, you won’t have to deal with crowds at check in. You can even rent the full property if you’re traveling with a group.
Luxury Away From Downtown
Luxury isn’t restricted to central Austin. If you like getting away from the crowds all together, consider these options farther into the Hill Country, but still close enough to get to the festival action in no time
- Lakeway Resort and Spa offers a way to take in the views, get in a round of golf, and of course, be pampered more than you can imagine at their spa
- Travaasa Austin has so many options, we can’t possibly list them all here. Pampering yourself can include a spa visit, horseback riding lessons, and spending time in the luxurious pool.
Extended Stay Corporate Suites
Regardless of your plans, let Austin Choice Limo be a central part of your trip. We’ll pick you up at the airport, load your luggage, and whisk you to your hotel. Once you get checked in, we’ll take you to your first conference session or show, to your first meal in Austin, or wherever you would like to go.